Wednesday, May 16, 2018

*REVIEW* Simmer by Stephanie Rose

REVIEW from Sassy Southern Girl - Rebecca

5 Stars

Sara Caldwell is 32 years old and has been raising her daughter Victoria by herself for the past 9 years since being kicked out of her house by her parents and not being in contact with Victoria’s dad. Now she has a chance to go back to school and become a chef thanks to Victoria’s dad, Josh, and his girlfriend, Brianne. Sara knows she has to take this opportunity to make something better of herself for Victoria but she is afraid to leave her.
Drew Kostas is 25 and works at the test kitchen but is also an IT grad student. He is attracted to Sara the moment he meets her and the two slowly begin a friendship and become very close.
But Sara is reluctant to fall for the younger Drew as she does not want him to feel forced into a family when he has his own life to lead and because of her own insecurities from her family. Will Drew be able to prove to Sara he is ready for her even if she is not ready for him?
This is another incredible read from this author who has a way of getting you so attached to characters and playing with your heart from start to finish.
I loved Sara and completely understood what she was going through being a single mother myself. You are so wrapped up in providing for your kids that you tend to forget how to live your own life. I also understood why she was hesitant to leave Victoria with Josh and Brianne in fear of being replaced as she had always been there for Victoria and that was her only constant in her life.
Drew was different right from the start and I loved how he took an interest in Sara and loved hearing about Victoria. He was an amazing friend to her and he knew he cared about her but wasn’t about to push for more when he knew she wasn’t ready.
My heart both broke and expanded after the Christmas scene when Sara broke down and Drew came through for her. I felt bad for how Sara was viewed by some, but I was glad that Drew made her understand how he felt.
The passion between the two was through the roof and it was due to their level of trust and how things started with a great friendship.
I really liked how everything changed with Sara, Josh and Brianne and then Drew and it made me happy how loved Victoria was.
My heart started breaking after Brian talked to Sara and I knew she would flip and push Drew away. Ut made me super sad. Then of course my heart broke more for Sara with what happened next but I was happy with what Lisa did for her, even though she wasn’t expecting it!

The end was awesome and I loved the journey of emotions that the author took me on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Title: Back Beat Series: Heartbeat #1 Author: Ryleigh Sloan Genre: Contemporary Romance Trope: Coach/Student Release Date:  Septem...