Tuesday, May 15, 2018

*REVIEW* Power Player by Chelsea Camaron

Review from Sassy Southern Girl

3 stars

This was tough-but the general consensus I’ve found while reading reviews was that it would be more impactful if I had a chance to read the rest of the books in this series. It was tough connecting with the characters, but a bit of seeing them in the background may have helped. 
The book starts off like a whirlwind-I absolutely adored the first chapter and thought this to be a very strong book right off the rip. My thoughts were quickly ripped away as the main character-turned completely evil. I didn’t like how he treated Laurel, and it was tough to ever come back from my dislike of him. Laurel came off as trying to be overly independent and for me it got borderline annoying.  Though by the end of the book the peices started to fall in the right place as far as character personalities, it was not enough for me to forget how much I couldn’t get into them during a majority of the book. The ending does allude to another book, and I would be anxious to read as I know am familiar with some of the other background characters.  Though I couldn’t personally be won over by Pax and Laurel-doesn’t mean that you can’t be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

    Definitely You by Ashley Erin is available now! What you'll find: -Small Town Romance -Second Chance Romance - Forced Proximity - ...