Saturday, May 12, 2018

*REVIEW* Miss February by Karen Cimms

Review from Sassy Southern Girl - Rebecca

4 Stars

Rain Storm works at her mom’s luncheonette during the day and at night she bartends at Blondie’s. She is a single mom to Isolde (Izzy) and works hard at providing for her.
Rain is in a relationship with Preston Jamison and she discovers he is also dating Suzanne, a girl he has grown up with whom his parents want him to marry. Yet Preston tells Rain she is the one he wants to be with.
Chase Holgate has just ended his relationship with Jennifer after he discovers her cheating on him. He is attracted to Rain the moment he meets her but knows she is in an on-again off-again relationship with Preston. Will he be able to convince her to give him a chance?
Will Rain be able to figure out what is best for her and will she be able to get over people’s opinion of her and the “wrong side of the tracks” that she grew up on?
This is a great book with lots of twists and turns that make your heart break and makes you want to throttle Rain at times!
I liked Rain but I was so mad at her so many times for taking Preston back when it was obvious he was continually back and forth between her and Suzanne. I understood that Rain was in love with Preston but I was still so upset that he could manipulate her feelings the way he did.
I liked Chase but he had his own ghosts in his past with his ex-girlfriend Jennifer who cheated on him. It was interesting that Rain was the other woman in Preston’s relationship, but Chase still wanted her. Chase was very protective over Rain and I really liked his relationship with Izzy.
I was so mad at how both Preston and Chase’s families viewed Rain and never gave her a chance to get to know her before judging her. I understood her reluctance to move further in her relationships with the men because of that.
The twist near the end was somewhat scary and I am curious to see what is revealed in the next book. I loved what Rain did at the end when she realized what she wanted.

The end left me shattered and I am nervous to see what is going to happen in the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

    Definitely You by Ashley Erin is available now! What you'll find: -Small Town Romance -Second Chance Romance - Forced Proximity - ...