Friday, May 18, 2018

*REVIEW* I Loved You Then by Jen Blau

REVIEW from Sassy Southern Girl - Rebecca

4 Stars

Emily Monroe is 38 years old and is married to Ryan and they have twin daughters Morgan and Madison. Emily dreams of being a writer and has recently written a screenplay that she hopes will allow her to achieve her dreams.
But Emily is struggling in her marriage to Ryan and wonders if he will ever support her like she needs or if her life will revolve around him and his own dreams. Soon she finds an unlikely friend in Logan Lane, a man who works for Ryan and gives Emily a different perspective on things.
As Emily continues to figure out about what she needs and wants secrets are revealed and she tries to cope with things with her best friend, Jules Carter. Who will be there for Emily when she needs them the most and will she be able to see Logan as just as friend when lines are blurred?
This was a great book about finding yourself and your dreams and who is there for you when you need them the most.
I liked Emily and although I may not have agreed with everything she did, I must admit that I completely understood her actions and supported her. She lived a life that many women can relate to and I love that the author brought these issues to the surface and I think it is a book that could have an affect on many women that read it.
Ryan was such a jerk and you could tell that he was raised in an environment that taught him to be the way he was to a certain degree. His mom made me so mad with the fact that she expected Emily just to go along with everything.
Logan was interesting in that at the beginning of the book you viewed him one way but you saw your opinion completely change. Again I may not have agreed with some of his actions but it was obvious his heart was in the right place and he hated that he knew certain things or he thought he did.
Emily’s friendship with Jules was so strong and again I hated that these women were put down for their dreams and goals. Their men were such jerks and I was blown away by how Shawn was at the end and his actions, or lack of.
The scenes with Emily and her girls were awesome and I loved the support that the girls gave their mom when they really were aware of so much more than what Emily and Ryan really wanted them to be.
The revelation of all the secrets in the book were shocking and I can’t believe they kept coming and when they did, everything still flowed together so well!

The end was awesome and I loved how it all turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Title: Don't Fall for Your Best Friend Series: Magnolia Ridge Series #1 Author: Logan Chance Genre: Rom/Com; Best Friends-t...