Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Set Us Free by MR Leahy


3 stars
I can appreciate when a book receives lots of praise and accolades from several different readers. This series by MR Leahy has been on my TBR list for a while-and I finally got a chance to dive in. As a lover of dark romance, I must admit that the writing was a bit of a turn off for me personally, but do not let it deter you from reading the second book in this series.
The book continues to life after slavery-Emmy and Kodah have been free for years now, and all Kodak hopes for is Emmy to be able to remember him again. As Kodak lays in wait for Emmy's memories, he continues to watch over and protect her. As the hunt continues for Emmy, Kodah can no longer wait for Emmy- he has to eliminate the danger they both are in and finally claim Emmy.
I'd like to say that I have absolutely no reservations about how dark a book can get-so that is not where my issues lay with this book. I believe that the dialogue between the characters felt insanely forced. At times the book felt so bizarre because there was just so much going on. With the weak dialogue it was tough to become attached to the characters-which is something that is quite vital to the story. 
Again, this book is probably as dark as you can get, so I would reccomend this to any lover of dark romance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Title: Caelian Series: Dark Sovereign Book 7 Author: Bella J. Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Release Date: April 23, 2024 I had to run. It ...