Wednesday, March 29, 2017

*REVIEW* Torn by Sky Corgan

4 Stars

Piper Gravatt's life has just been turned upside down. Her mother is gone and now she has had to come back to take care of her two step-brothers as there is no one left for them. Piper holds so much resentment towards them as now she needs to start over. She is given a job by Ann Longworth to help her out whenever she needs someone around the house and to take her to appointments.

Luckily Piper has found an escape at the local BDSM, Club Fet, where she first meets him.

Holden is not the man you think he is. Underneath his cool exterior is a man bent on control and getting what he wants and right now he has one goal - to get rid of Piper. How far will Holden go to get what he wants?

Will Piper be able to save herself or will she lose everything once she realizes what is at stake?

This was such a good book and right from the beginning I bonded to Piper and her story.

Piper was such a great character as she was at such odds with herself and I found she grew up so much in this book due to her talks with Ann. Piper had so many resentments towards her brothers at the beginning of the book and I really understood why. Yet as Piper and Earl began to communicate more the two formed a strong bond and I loved reading the change.

I also really liked the relationship between Ann and Piper. Ann really needed an independent friend and as the book goes on you understand why. I loved that Piper would never take advantage of Ann, no matter what she was accused of.

I hated Holden through almost the entire book. He was such a controlling ass and I honestly was so shocked at the things that he did to Piper. I couldn't believe how far he went to try and get her to submit to what he wanted. Every time I thought he was changing he would do something that would just show how much of a jerk he really was. I did understand why he was afraid to let anyone get close to him as he was losing everyone.

I wasn't surprised by the ending and I was happy with the ways things turned out as it showed the growth with the characters. Although I definitely would have liked a little more at the end about the brothers and how they were doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Title: Devious Beloved Author: T.L. Smith Genre: Fake Marriage/Enemies-to-Lovers Release Date: April 23, 2024 Cover Design: R...