Wednesday, March 29, 2017

*REVIEW* Playing to Win by Karen Frances

4 Stars

When I originally picked this book to read, I did not know it was about someone who came from a very abusive relationship. I chose this book because I thought it was a sports romance. I'm a sucker for all sports romances. I found myself having a hard time reading this book in the beginning because of the abusive situations the main character, Jessica was experiencing.  During this time, she meets footballer, Fletcher. Very quickly, they find themselves falling in love and their relationship progresses.   The journey the author takes us on through this book is like being on an emotional roller coaster. Their are so many deep rooted issues that both Jessica and Fletcher have to overcome. Throughout their journey I found  myself hoping that they could overcome those issues. This book does contain a lot of sensitive topics dealing with abuse as well as some sexual material but they lead to a HEA. I must say by the end of the book I felt like I had run a marathon because of the emotional journey Karen Frances, the author takes you on. This was the first book I had read by this author and because I enjoyed it, I will look for more of her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  ✩✩✩ NEW RELEASE TOUR  ✩✩✩ Together Again A Romance Anthology for Charity  By The Romance CafĂ©  Collection Book 31 Goodreads:  Hosted by D...