Thursday, February 16, 2017

**REVIEW** By Appointment Only by Lisa Eugene



5 Stars



Danielle Carmichael is a 26 year old single mom with an eight year old autistic daughter named Emily. Dani is a waitress barely making ends meet and is behind on all her payments. When she loses her job due to having to get her daughter from the prestige school that she attends she is close to rock bottom.


Chase Rutherford is wanting to become the next mayor of New York and he is also the owner of the school that Emily attends. When Dani confronts Chase about losing her job due to his visit to the school and later when Emily loses her place a the school she is shocked with her attraction to Chase and his indifferent attitude towards her.


As Dani and Chase begin to meet weekly there is something both of them can't deny but it is apparent that there are secrets behind everything. As Chase helps Dani out her ex-husband comes back in her life and what will the cost be to Dani?


When Chase's secrets are revealed what will Dani do? When tragedy strikes will Chase be there and how far will he go to help Dani?


I absolutely loved this book and could not put it down!


Dani is an incredible character and I loved that she would not accept handouts from anyone as she was too proud no matter how desperate of a situation she was in. I felt as horrified as she did the first couple of "appointments" she had with Chase but at the same time I understood why she went back. She understood that Chase was helping her and was confused at his lack of actions.


Chase was definitely an interesting character and I knew something was up and had an idea which I eventually discovered I was right on. He truly cared about Dani even though you would have no idea initially with his actions and attitude. I liked how he really trusted Dani and was able to use her as a sounding board for what he was questioning in his own life in running for mayor and with his company Flex-Steel and the problems that it had.


Dani had her hands full with Steven and the guy was such as ass. I hated that her superintendent told him everything that was going on in her life and what they both put Dani through.


So I know some may have an issue with what was revealed but I was 100% on Chase's side as it wasn't his choice to keep everything going and for him everything was done 5 years ago. It was Senator Kensington's decision and I believe personally that everything was over but I understand completely the hurt that Dani was in and why she was upset at the truth being kept from her.


I loved Emily and the progress that was made through her piano playing. She was a sweet girl and I loved how the book really explained what she was going through and how she was getting better. I also loved how Chase treated her and was super glad when she was able to contribute to what happened to her.


I liked what Chase was going through with Flex-Steel and everything that went down with that! It showed what kind of guy Chase was but it also showed what was more important to him and how far he would go to protect those he loved!

Such an amazing book and I can't wait to read more from this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Title: Their Hell Series: Pendleton Prep, Book 3 Author: H.L. Packer Genre/Tropes: secret society, dark romance with poly relationship...